Friday, August 26, 2011

Fergie



If you've ever been to my house, you've been greeted by this bouncy ball of ears and fur.  She was a huge part of my life for 15 years, and Thursday, August 25 2011, we had to say goodbye. 

She had stopped eating, and barely drank any water.  She had a hard time getting around, and lost a ton of weight.  10lbs according to the vet.  I took her in on Wednesday, while they ran some bloodwork we discussed teeth cleaning, arthritis.  When the bloodwork came back, the doc layed it all out for me.  He said, if it was my dog, I'd spend the day hugging her neck, and bring her back tomorrow for euthanasia.  Although I knew she wasn't in good shape, it hit me so hard, I could barely breathe.

We came home, and I tried my best to spoil her.  She wanted to nap, so she got to snooze with me on our big bean bag.  I stayed home with her all day, helping her go outside, trying to make her last day easy.  She got her favorite treat - potato chips.  Ahh, the life of a dog.

The next morning was tough.  Jason and I took Fergie at 8am, and I could tell she didn't have the life in her that she used to. Maybe she knew.  All I wanted to do was end her pain.

The outpour of prayers, kind words, and some anecdotes have showered me with the support of my family and friends.  And those of you who knew her, knew that she was my sweet girl, my baby, my little bear, my Fergie.  I'll see you again someday, sweet baby girl. I love you.


In my parent's garden

Poster dog for Accolade Chem-Dry

August 25 at 7am

Basket of flowers from Jessie, Morlyn and Abby - referencing her zipper eating! :)

Card made by Mia Ernst


In my parent's back yard - she was maybe 2 or 3 years old.

In front of Lake Mirror Tower, Fergie and my first place together.

By Tim O'Brien

2009, when Fergie and Jason first met.

The "queen" didn't really like the new Kitten, Sparrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment